Friday, June 1, 2012

making....


Now that the dust (the mulch?) has settled - I'm able to enjoy my revamped studio space - and just in time as I've got a myriad of 'things' coming up....



First is my annual sojourn to my Uni in a couple of weeks time.... (and there's a very real chance this may be the last time I have to head off to winter symposium....) I'm making work and preparing my presentation and steeling myself for the marathon drive through the boonies....

No sooner will I get back but I have to pack up work for a stint as 'invited artist' for a show at Hazelhurst Regional Gallery..... it's all come about at last minute but the organisers from south scribes have been soooooo accommodating I didn't want to let them down....

I was guest artist in the same place in 2001 - the year our little island nation was commemorating its centenary of federation -- I think many aussies took time to think about what it meant to be Australian (or maybe it was just me?) - For that show I created work around themes of national identity.... (here's one of the works from the show, and another, and another....)


This time around, at the request of the curator, I'm sending up some of the work I created for my stint as guest artist for Coffs Calligraphers back in 2007.....

(ps - here's one of the works that I'm sending... Its the ten panel painting - 'Weight of Words')


 
As well as a few older pieces I'm also hoping to make a couple of 'surprise!' new works (looky - I've got my sumi ink out and I'm splashing it about!) - and if I'm lucky I may even get to the June 30th opening this time...

fingers crossed






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all your lovely comments - your words are greatly appreciated xx